Wednesday, October 24, 2007

i'm in paradise



the crossing went well... lots of busy days because we were overloaded with duties to keep the passengers busy, but it's better than sitting around doing nothing for seven sea days while on red level. thankfully we're back to green, which means all our deck privileges are reinstated (horray for the upstairs world with real people!).


i don't really have any words to describe how beautiful it is here... here's some pictures to give you a sneak peek. first is the azores islands in the middle of the atlantic... the town is on a geothermic fault line and there's hot springs everywhere. next is antigua, and then the virgin gorda and tortola.

















today i'm in st. kitts, and i'm taking a day off the beach to give my skin a break (only a little sunburnt so far, thanks to spf 50). my new stepbrother RJ lives here to go to veterenary school, so i'm going to try and meet up with him this afternoon for coffee.



seriously, if anyone expects christmas cards, you'd better get me those addresses! love you!

3 comments:

erin said...

where's the updating since this entry, lady? I miss you...

John Smith said...

Those are some really great pictures. Sure seem like a great experience. That is one of the reason why I just love cruise ship jobs. Its a great way to earn and travel the world for free while meeting people of different culture and country

Unknown said...

Hi, nice blog!!! Entertaining :)
I found you online when doing a search for Crew Clubs and Princess Cruise Lines.
I'm doing a school assignment on "Crew Clubs". Do you think crew clubs are necessary? Do they seriously improve the at-sea experience? Have you ever felt like you could not imagine living without your crew club activities? I need some insider info because I've never been part of a cruise ship staff! I'm writing the assignment from an HR perspective and I'm trying to argue that Crew Clubs are a good way to increase employee retention. What do you think? Thanks!!